Monday, May 14, 2012

I like the ba-ar-tender....

So I made a life decision a couple days ago when I was at the Tavern out with some friends Watching the Ranger's vs Athletic's game. I found myself starring at the bartender's tip jar that is a bucket overflowing with a variety of bills. I asked him if he got to keep all of it, but he said he splits it with the cocktail girl and when he works late swing he splits it with the closing bartender. At Starbucks we split our tips with 3-4 other people and sometimes We walk a way with maybe $5. Anyway, I ask the guy how to get into bartending and he tells me that if I'm looking for a new job they were looking to to hire a Barback for the weekend and college night. Since, my shifts got cut to 3 days a week since the semester ended who was I to pass up a chance for another job. Everyone seems pretty chill in this place except the cocktail waitress. She seemed pretty edgy. The next bartender comes on to her shift as I was filling out my application. She is hott mind you! She asks me if I had ever worked behind a bar. I told her I work at starbucks.... Turns out she was the bar manager and tells me training is on Thursday... She gave me a list of stuff I had to bring in and told me to wear non slip shoes. I don't even know what a Barack does?!

No comments:

Post a Comment