Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rangers Dodge a Huge Bullet Named Edwin


Happy freaking holidays! 4 years for $52 million was the best signing non-signing the Rangers have made this off season. Well that was close! I just don’t believe that this is the going rate for a pitcher of his caliber. Okay fine, he threw a no-hitter… on like 200 pitches! Give me that many pitches and a $52 million contract, and I guarantee I’ll get you a no-hitter this holiday season. Somehow, someway, for that money, I’ll get you your results.

But seriously, with rumors that the Rangers were seriously considering the wild fire-baller, I was THRILLED to hear that he will be disappointing Cubs fans for the next 4 years instead. Now let’s get one thing straight: Edwin Jackson will give you those nights of dominant pitching performances. There will be times where he channels his skills and hones his unpredictability, resulting in a lights out start. But these will be few and far between. The Rangers don’t need to rely on wildcards like Jackson. We have proven talent, and unlike the Cubs, we are not in a position where we need to take a giant risk in an attempt to reach the Promised Land of Christmas miracles. Once again, laying off Jackson may prove to be the best decision the Rangers make this offseason. Now I would love to see them use that money elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment